Friday 21 November 2008

Day 16: Kanazawa to Komatsu, 18 miles


Had to end my planned cycle to Tsuruga prematurely as Westerly winds coming off The Sea of Japan were making cycling impossible. I almost got blown off my bike several times. The 18 miles to Komatsu, the nearest town West of Kanazawa, took me 4 hours so I lost another day to bad weather.

Komatsu wasn't pretty nor that friendly apart from the old guy running the hotel who was really patient with my lack of Japanese.



Temple in Komatsu. There's always a temple or two tucked away somewhere in every town.




Komatsu



Mess of wiring. Japan's telephone lines & electricity supply are carried on these telegraph poles. wires are everywhere and it's difficult to take a photo without them getting in the way.




I love these. There's a chain of discount clothing stores that uses old 80s stock photos as part of it's branding. These posters are massive; about a story high.

No comments: