Saturday 22 November 2008

Day 19: Kyoto

Autumn leaves in Kyoto


I was really tired after the last few days so I decide to spend another night in Kyoto. Glad I did as East Kyoto is beautiful. Quite strange seeing non-Japanese people again though, we always stare at each other not knowing whether to say hello or not.




I followed the crowds and ended up at the temple. Seems to be the thing to do if you're in town for the weekend. The trees here are mental.



View of North Kyoto from the temple. Kyoto is one classy town.



One of the hundreds of rivers through Kyoto-Osaka valley. They all have these islands of plants growing in them.






Kyoto at night. Click on the photo above if you want to be nosy.




Rear brake pads worn down to bare metal. I've cycled the last 800 miles with only one working brake. Managed to score some new pads in Kyoto; not an easy thing to do if you need obscure threadless mount cantilever type and you don't speak Japanese. Smug.

No comments: