Wednesday 26 November 2008

Days 21 & 22: Akashi to Fukuyama via __ , 48.8 & 75.1 miles

Interesting juxtaposition of image and text.




I've pooled two days together as there's not much going on along this stretch of Honshu's Southern coast. I've changed my planned route slightly as I want to cycle the 6 bridges that span the islands between Honshu and Shikoku rather than catch the ferry. It was one of the things that got me interested in cycling across Japan so it's worth putting in the extra miles.

The weather on Day 21 was appalling, torrential rain all day and visibility was getting really bad so I stopped at 3pm and found a hotel in a town I still can't work out the name of so I shall call it __ .




Another nuclear power station about 10 miles East of __ .


Fishing village along the coast of The Inland Sea

The weather on day 22 was much better. sunshine all day. The landscape is changing; the further West I get the more islands there are. This is making navigation quite difficult as there's a lot of toll road bridges (2 lanes of fast traffic, no bicycles allowed) so I have had to make quite a few detours.


Islands in The Inland Sea


600 metre long bridge for cyclists East of Okayama.

No comments: