Wednesday 5 November 2008

Day 2: Otoineppu to Asahikawa - 78 miles

A motel sign is a motel sign in any language



Today, though less eventful was also hard going as I had a headwind most of the day. I was also on some busy roads. This wasn't so bad as drivers in Japan are great with cyclists; when they overtake you they pass right out into the other lane. Pollution is horrendous though. Broke free of the frost and by lunchtime I'd got far enough South that most of the snow had disappeared. Still cold though, still can't feel my feet.


Freshly ploughed road




Mountains & forest, Hokkaido




Trying not to photograph too much Japansese typography and
signage (there's too much of it about on the web already) but I
loved this signpost marking an area of natural beauty.



Route 40 to Asahikawa; My best friend/worst enemy for
the last 150 miles.



View from my hotel window, Asahikawa

1 comment:

Kristy said...

It looks cold! I'm glad that you are getting to stay in hotels some nights. How are you getting on with the language?