Friday 28 November 2008

Day 25: Oita to Hyuna, 73.4 miles

Where I'm at: 120 miles to go.



Took it easy today and had a leisurely day in the mountains. Quite high though, I checked my GPS on the way down and I was at 1600ft. Have more mileage to do tomorrow though. not sure whether to go for it and do it all in one day of break it up into two. They'll be at least two 1600ft+ climbs through the mountains to do.





The tap water in Japan tastes like Evian. Might explain why there's little if any bottled water for sale in Japanese convenience stores.




Mornin. View from my hotel window in Oita.


One crazy town.





Outstanding natural beauty. Almost as nice as the women.





View from a road bridge down onto the forest.



Descended to the coast along side this river.



These signs look like Japanese patrolmen viewed from behind. They're meant to make drivers slow down on. Worked on me.

No comments: